Here are 10 ways to Lower Your Electric Bill
- Use a programmable thermostat.
- Extra-insulate your home.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Replace your air filter.
- Lower the temperature on the water heater.
- Balance Electricity use by using appliances strategically.
- Save Electricity by Washing clothes in cold water.
How can I reduce my energy bills?
How to save energy
- Turn off standby appliances. Turn appliances off at the plug to save an average of £30 a year.
- Install a smart thermostat.
- Turn down your thermostat.
- Buy efficient appliances.
- Install a new boiler.
- Wash clothes at a lower temperature.
- Be smarter about water.
- Invest in double glazing.
Why is my electric bill so high?
Many homeowners have high electricity bills because of the appliances that are plugged into their outlets, even if they aren’t using them frequently. While appliances on standby don’t use as much electricity as when they’re in use, it can still add up, and it contributes to an overall higher electricity bill.
How can I lower my bills fast?
From cable bills to everyday spending habits, these tips will help you save more, spend less and get on the fast track to financial success!
- Set goals.
- Negotiate prices.
- Slash excess spending.
- Cut monthly bills.
- Switch up your grocery routine.
- Transfer debt to a lower interest credit card.