- Protect tigers and their habitat.
- Build capacity in range states.
- Reduce human-tiger conflict.
- Conduct scientific research on tigers to help inform conservation strategies.
- Promote tiger-friendly policies.
- Monitor tiger numbers, population trends, and threats to tigers and their habitats.
What can I do to help save the tigers?
Here are five simple, everyday things you can do to help save wild tigers.
- Choose FSC-certified or recycled tissue and toilet paper products.
- Look for products that use RSPO-certified sustainable palm oil.
- Look for Rainforest Alliance-Certified coffee.
- Read up on saving wild tigers at Panthera’s Tigers Forever program.
Why tigers are endangered?
The main reasons tigers are endangered—in most cases cases, critically endangered—are illegal hunting for their pelts, meat and body parts (used in folk medicines) as well as habitat loss that results from logging and other forms of forest destruction.
How can we save the endangered animals?
Here are someways to accomplish this.
- Educate your family about endangered species in your area.
- Recycle and buy sustainable products.
- Reduce your water consumption.
- Reduce your personal footprint.
- Do not buy plastic products.
- Pressure your civil servants.
- Volunteer your time to protect the wildlife in your area.
How can we save lions?
Your support will help us fight to protect lions and other threatened and endangered wildlife.
- Take Action. Visit our Wildlife Action Center to send a message to government leaders.
- Speak Up for Wildlife. Learn how you can be a powerful advocate for wildlife.
- Stay Informed.
- Become a Defender of Wildlife.
Why should we protect the tiger?
So when a species goes extinct, it leaves behind a scar, which affects the entire ecosystem. Another reason why we need to save the tiger is that our forests are water catchment areas. The tiger is a unique animal which plays a pivotal role in the health and diversity of an ecosystem.
What organizations help tigers?
Tiger Conservation Groups
- The Save the Tiger Fund-Panthera Partnership (www.panthera.org/programs/tiger/save-tiger-fund)
- The Corbett Foundation (www.corbettfoundation.org)
- Big Cat Rescue (www.bigcatrescue.org)