The middle consumers whose power consumption falls between 51-1500 kwh are also expected to suffer with the token prices, since Kenya power has raised the rates from 12.75 to 15.80 per unit.
How much does electricity cost per unit?
Electricity prices per kwh
|Tariff||Avg. kWh unit price (ex VAT)|
|Help Beat Cancer Fix and Save August 2019 Online||12.376 pence||Compare prices|
|All Online Mar 2019||12.499 pence||Compare prices|
|Price Promise March 2019||12.827 pence||Compare prices|
|Better Energy Fixed||12.978 pence||Compare prices|
3 more rows
How do you convert electricity units to money?
Once you have your data, calculate the cost of use with this formula:
- Multiply the device’s wattage by the number of hours the appliance is used per day.
- Divide by 1000.
- Multiply by your kWh rate.
How do you calculate kWh cost?
Method 1 Estimating Kilowatt Hours from Appliance Labels
- Find the wattage on the appliance label.
- Multiply wattage by hours used each day.
- Divide the result by 1,000.
- Multiply your answer by the number of days you’re measuring.
- Multiply by the cost of electricity per kWh.
What is domestic lifeline tariff band?
ERC in changes announced yesterday also increased the threshold for the subsidised tariff targeted at low-income earners, referred to as lifeline tariff, which will now cover homes consuming up to 100 units of power per month. The new lifeline band will cover 5.7 million power users, according to the regulator.